- Course Details
What You’ll Learn
Able Skills 5 day Kitchen Fitting course has been recognised by City & Guilds as a comprehensive introduction to Kitchen Fitting and as such, they have accredited the course with a C&G 4555-03.
At the end of this Kitchen Fitting course you will receive a City & Guilds certificate to confirm the skills that you will have learned.
During this 5 day Kitchen Fitting course we will cover:
- Selecting the right units for a kitchen
- Reading manufacturers scale drawing and the planning of a basic kitchen layout
- Marking, Setting out and levelling of units to a datum line
- Assembling and Fixing base and wall units (as applicable)
- Practice scribing then cutting of a 45 90 degree masons mitres using a work top jig and router
- Cutting inserts for sink and hobs in worktops
- Hanging doors and templates for fitting of door furniture
- Marking, cutting and fixing of cornice, pelmet and plinth
- You will also cover health and safety along with the requirement for Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE), and the building regulations applicable to kitchen fitting in respect of electrics and water
How You’ll Learn
This is a hands-on course under supervision of a Kitchen Fitting instructor. You will undertake a complete kitchen installation (as detailed above) following a drawing which will be provided for you. This course runs with a very small group of students so the attention to detail is excellent and there are non-stop tricks of the trade throughout.
Courses Open To You After
If you are considering undertaking all aspects of Kitchen Fitting then you may want to consider our accredited Introductory Plumbing course, maybe gain an understanding into the electrical requirements of a kitchen installation or even an accredited tiling course to completely finish the job.
This course covers work-top installation in great detail which is what the majority of Kitchen Fitters want to know more than anything so you can rest assured that you will be competent in this area.
All tools and materials are provided throughout the course, you will just need to ensure that you have suitable clothing and protective footwear (mandatory).
If you would like to view the facilities at Able Skills, please feel free to visit us at any time. We are open 7 days every week and encourage visitors to the centre. You will not need an appointment, just turn up (08.30 – 16.30) and we will show you around.
Duration & Cost
The cost for this City & Guilds certificated Kitchen Fitting course is £495.00 including VAT. A £150.00 deposit will secure a booking and the balance can be paid on the start date.
Availability: In stock