- Course Details
What You’ll Learn
Upon completion you will:
- Understand the requirements for completing the safe isolation of electrical circuits and installations
- Understand the requirements for initial verification of electrical installations
- Understand the requirements for completing the inspection of electrical installations prior to their being placed into service
- Understand the requirements for the safe testing and commissioning of electrical installations
- Understand the requirements for testing before circuits are energised
- Understand the requirements for testing energised installations
- Understand the requirements for the completion of electrical installation certificates and associated documentation
- Be able to confirm safety of system and equipment prior to completion of inspection, testing and commissioning
- Be able to carry out inspection of electrical installations prior to them being placed into service
- Be able to test electrical installations prior to them being placed into service
- Be able to commission electrotechnical systems and equipment
How You’ll Learn
This course is a mixture of practical and theory training and successful learners will:
- Gain the knowledge to work safely in line with industry safety standards, including BS 7671 and the IET Guidance Note 3.
- Improve their employability by developing or enhancing their skills
- Meet best practice standards from the Electrical Safety Council.
- Initial Inspection
- Insulation Resistance Testing Assessment
- Earth Loop Impedance
- Initial Verification Assessment
As well as an online multiple choice consisting of 55 questions. This exam is open-book.
The following are recommended in support of the delivery process:
• IET Guidance Note 3
• On-site Guide
• BS 7671
Courses Open To You After
The Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations would be the natural next step for you.
This award is an alternative to the highly recognised City & Guilds 2394 and carries the same recognition within the industry. Additionally what’s great about this award is that you can attend and complete all aspects of the qualification in one go, unlike the City & Guilds option which requires you to wait a considerable amount of time for the results of your exam.
Duration & Cost
The cost for this EAL certificated Inspection & Testing course is £550.00 including VAT. A £200.00 deposit will secure a booking and the balance can be paid on the start date.
Availability: In stock