- Course Details
What are the learner pre-requisites?
It is required that learners must have already attended the domestic installers course comprising of the following:
- Our City & Guilds 4555
- City & Guilds 2393 Building Regulations
- City & Guilds 2382 17th Edition
- City & Guilds 2392 Inspection & Testing
**If you haven’t attended the above courses but have a proven record of 24month installation experience then please contact us we may still be able to offer you this route.**
Learners must also have the maturity and potential ability to meet the requirements of the assessment criteria for each of the qualification units. We therefore must ensure our learners have the potential to achieve the units within the qualification.
What you’ll learn
You will learn to be a Qualified Supervisor and be able to register onto a Qualified Supervisor Competent Persons Scheme. The course is 6 weeks and has a mix of practical and theory based training. Some of the practical skills you will learn include installing ring circuits, lighting circuits, radial power circuits, earthing & bonding, cable selection, cooker feeds and load, tools and equipment use. You’ll also learn how to become responsible as the registered ‘Supervisor’. The units for this qualification are as follows:
- ELTD3-01 Understand and Apply Health and Safety legislation, practices and procedures 'Electrical installations in dwellings'
- ELTD3-02 Understand and apply environmental legislation, working practices and the principles of environmental technology systems associated with Electrical Installations in Dwellings
- ELTD3-03 Understand and apply the practices and procedures for overseeing and organising the work environment when installing electrical installations in dwellings
- ELTD3-04 Understanding and applying the principles, practices and procedures for the planning, preparation and selection of wiring systems and electrotechnical equipment in dwellings
- ELTD3-05 Understand and apply the practices and procedures for the installation and connection of wiring systems and electrotechnical equipment in dwellings
- ELTD3-6.1 Understand and apply the principles, practices and legislation for the inspection, testing, commissioning, approving and certification of electrical installations in dwellings
- ELTD3-07 Understand and apply the principles, practices and legislations for diagnosing and correcting electrical faults in electrical installations in dwellings
- ELTD3-OCU ELECTROTECHNICAL OCCUPATIONAL COMPETENCE - Approval of Electrical Installations in Dwellings
On successful completion of these units you will be able to register onto your competent persons scheme.
How you’ll learn
The course is delivered at our training centre in Dartford Kent and runs over a 6 week period Monday – Friday. You will be subjected to intensive training followed by a mixture of online exams and practical assessments.
What is this qualification? – This qualification meets the minimum qualification level for qualified supervisors responsible for electrical work in domestic properties subject to Part P of the building Regulations (England and Wales). It will provide the learner with the skills and knowledge needed for ensuring the safety, quality and technical standard of the electrical installation work carried out by the installer. This qualification comprises knowledge and performance with in the units.
Who is this qualification for? – Those who want to become qualified supervisors responsible for electrical work in domestic properties subject to Part P of The Building Regulations (England and Wales).
Courses open to you after
This qualification enables the learner to apply to a competent persons scheme to become a qualified supervisor for electrical installations in dwellings as the qualification meets the minimum technical competence criteria for entry route.
The learner may be able to progress to becoming a qualified supervisor for all electrical installation work by progressing and completing:
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical systems and equipment (Building structures and the environment)
- Level 3 Award in the Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations.
Duration and Cost
This Qualified Supervisors EAL 7695 is available in a variety of ways.
Full Time - 4 weeks - £1695.00 including vat
A £500 deposit will secure a booking and the balance can be paid in 4 weekly installments of £298.75
Part Time – Weekends - £1695.00 including vat
A £500 deposit will secure a booking and the balance can be paid in 8 installments of £149.37
Availability: In stock