- Course Details
What You’ll Learn
If you do not have a plumbing qualification and your intention is to move forward on to gas training then this course is essential.
We also recommend this particular course as a refresher for those of you who have dealt with copper pipe and steel in the past but may be a little out of practice. This course will provide the following:
- Cutting and measuring copper tube accurately
- Pipe-work preparation for soldering
- Soldering techniques / Practicing soldering / soldering assessments
- X and Z dimension calculations
- Cutting assembling and soldering practice frames to specific dimensions
- How to assemble compression fittings / compression fitting assessments
- The use of different types of jointing pastes for compression jointing
- Cutting assembling and jointing compression fittings frames to specific dimensions
- Cutting and treading low carbon steel pipe
- Jointing steel pipe
- The use of different fittings on steel pipe
- All pipe-work is tested to 3 bar for 3 min
Your competence will be assessed under Bpec criteria and once you have shown your competence in this area you will have much more confidence once you move onto the Gas course.
How You’ll Learn
This course is a comprehensive week of training and assessment, providing candidates with in depth training on pipework related skills. Throughout the week we will ensure that you are completely capable of dealing with both copper tube and steel pipe as this will become a large part of your work once you move into the Gas industry.
Courses Open To You After
Dependent upon your background you can either move straight on to the 3 week (or weekends) Gas Managed Learning Programme or if you want to learn some additional skills that will help you in the industry, we also offer a site-skills course as well which is incredibly popular.
This course is available as a standalone training option or as part of a comprehensive package of training for New Entrants to the gas industry. We can also provide this course over a 2 weekend period for those of you who are unable to attend training programmes through the week.
This course is essential for individuals who do not hold plumbing qualifications but are looking to move on to gas training but equally, it is a very useful course for those that have plumbing projects pending and want to ensure that they are competent in all aspects of pipework.
If you would like to view the facilities at Able Skills, please feel free to visit us at any time. We are open 7 days every week and encourage visitors to the centre. You will not need an appointment, just turn up (08.30 – 16.30) and we will show you around.
Duration & Cost
The cost for this Pipe-Skills Course is £375.00. A deposit of £150.00 will secure a booking and the balance can be paid on the start date.
Availability: In stock