- Course Details
What You’ll Learn
City & Guilds 6217-08
Able Skills is providing you with the opportunity to obtain a City & Guilds qualification in 3 construction subjects, therefore enabling you to become a City & Guilds qualified Multi Skilled tradesman. You will be able to choose 3 subjects from
- Painting & Decorating
To be a multi-skilled tradesperson is a very popular option for a lot of people who prefer to be able to offer a wider range of services to their customers, saving them time and money by not having to call in 2 or 3 separate tradesmen to get a particular job completed. The customer saves and the tradesperson saves by not having to share his/her profit with anyone else.
This multi skills course is an intensive 6 or 7 weeks of hands on training, during which time you will build a portfolio of your work. This course can be covered over a period to suit you and you can train for 6 or 7 consecutive weeks or divide your weeks up or even incorporate weekends.
How You’ll Learn
Whichever 3 subjects you choose, you can be guaranteed that the emphasis is placed on practical experience and so these courses are entirely hands on.
For the award of a certificate, candidates must successfully complete five units from three of the following occupations, fifteen units in total.
Carpentry and Joinery: (2 weeks/10 days) All FIVE must be completed
- Fixing skirting to a timber background
- Fixing door lining in stud partition or block work opening
- Hanging an internal door
- Constructing a nail box
- Constructing furniture - garden gate
Plumbing: (2 weeks/10 days) All FIVE must be completed
- Working with non-manipulative compression fittings
- Copper pipe bending and jointing
- Working with steel pipe work and fittings
- Connecting plastic fittings to a utility sink
- Connecting plastic fittings to a cold water cistern and central heating header tank
Electrical installation (2 weeks/10 days) All FIVE must be completed
- Connection of flex to common apparatus
- Installing a one way lighting circuit
- 13 amp switched socket wired in ring main
- Cut, bend and thread conduit
Bricklaying: (2 weeks/10 days) All FIVE must be completed
- Constructing half-brick wall in stretcher bond
- Constructing one-brick wall in English Bond
- Constructing a detached hollow pier
- Constructing block walling
- Constructing cavity wall
Plastering: (3 weeks/15 days) All FIVE must be completed
- Applying rendering
- Applying a floating coat
- Applying and finishing a setting coat
- Straightening and floating ceiling
- Applying and finishing the setting coat to a floated ceiling
Painting & Decorating: (2 weeks/10 days) All FIVE must be completed
- Burning off and applying acrylic paint
- Introduction to accessing for painting and decorating
- Stripping, repairing and crosslining for wallpaper
- Preparing and bringing forward to an oil gloss finish
- Preparing an area to receive vinyl silk emulsion
Courses Open To You After
If you decide that you would like to specialise and achieve qualifications in a particular area, you could consider upgrading to any of the longer course qualifications that we have available. Dependent upon your choice, we can look at what you have already achieved with a view to mapping training or the achieved units over to potentially reduce time and cost for you.
Whether your interest is in Bricklaying, Carpentry, Plastering, Plumbing or Electrical Installation, our facilities will exceed your expectations.
At present, the UK does not have enough Multi Skilled workers in the construction industry and we feel that this qualification will be your foot in the door to a career within Construction. As these courses are entirely hands on, you can gain a great insight into what each core subject entails and at a later stage you could consider specialising in a particular area. Due to the facilities and staff available at Able Skills, we are able to offer flexibility with this award. We do not require you to attend for a consecutive period of 6 or 7 weeks but we do require that each subject is covered in blocks of 2 or 3 weeks (as listed above). This is to ensure consistency and will enhance the learning process.
Duration & Cost
This is a 6/7 Week (30/35 day) course and the cost is £2,500.00 including vat. A deposit of £500.00 will secure a booking with the balance payable over the period of the training.
Availability: In stock