- Course Details
Kingspan Internal Wall Insulation Training
Kingspan in association with Able Skills, has devised a 1 day course to train existing Dry-Liners/Plasterers on their Internal Wall Insulation system to help individuals access new Government (Green Deal) and Energy Company Obligation (ECO) funding schemes
What You’ll Learn
Able Skills has been selected by Kingspan as a training partner for the delivery of their Internal Wall Insulation Training. This brand new 1 day course has been devised to train existing dry-wall contractors or plasterers on Kooltherm Internal Wall Insulation Systems to learn best practice and help to access new government (Green Deal) and Energy Company Obligation (ECO) funding and schemes.
The Green Deal Installer Role
Once a property has had an assessment and the finance for measures has been approved, installation of the Green Deal measures is the next step. Only an authorised Green Deal Installer can install energy efficiency improvements under the Green Deal finance mechanism. Additionally, only authorised installers will be able to identify themselves as 'Green Deal Installers' and use the Green Deal Quality Mark.
You can become authorised as a Green Deal installer if:
- Your company is certified by a Certification Body as meeting the Publicly Available Specification (PAS) 2030 for the measures you wish to install. Both you and your company are required to meet the relevant requirements of PAS 2030. Certification bodies will certify installer organisations against the relevant parts of the PAS standard. It is then the responsibility of the certified organisation to ensure their employees meet the relevant standards;
- You comply by the conditions as detailed in the Green Deal Code of Practice on the DECC and GD ORB websites;
- You keep clear records of work done and allow monitoring of installation work when requested.
Your certification body will register you for the Green Deal with the Oversight and Registration Body and license you to use the Green Deal Quality Mark.
Installers are certified for the different Green Deal measures they wish to install. This is to ensure that customers get measures installed to high standards under their Green Deal plans. You can be certified for as many different measures as you wish to install providing that you meet the required standard as set out in PAS 2030.
What is ECO?
ECO is the Government’s new domestic energy efficiency programme and works alongside the Green Deal to provide additional support for packages of energy efficiency measures. ECO also provides insulation and heating packages to low income and vulnerable households and insulation measures to low income communities.
ECO creates a legal obligation on energy suppliers to improve the energy efficiency of households through the establishment of three distinct targets including:
Home Heating Cost Reduction Obligation - Requiring energy suppliers to provide measures which improve the ability of low income and vulnerable households (the ‘Affordable Warmth Group’) to affordably heat their homes. A heating qualifying action is the installation of a measure that will result in a heating saving; including the replacement or repair of a qualifying boiler.
This 1 day Able Skills/Kingspan course will help you towards meeting the requirements of these Government schemes.
How You’ll Learn
This course is a mixture of practical, hands-on and theory training and will provide you with a good understanding of all the issues that you are likely to encounter before and during the installation of internal wall insulation or pre-insulated dry-lining when refurbishing existing buildings.
You will gain a good understanding of the following:
- The tools, materials and equipment needed
- Choosing which insulated dry-lining system to use
- Preparing the substrate
- Installation of fixtures and fittings
- Detailing for thermal performance and airtightness
- Dealing with services
All tools and equipment are provided and a full training manual will be provided which includes detailed ‘how-to’ and step-by-step guides as well as full detailed drawings to help you through scenarios you are likely to come across in refurbishments.
Courses Open To You After
If you are looking to undertake External Wall Insulation, Able Skills runs a course accredited by PAREX
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Know the best practice approach to dealing with everyday refurbishment installation issues
- Understand why installing internal wall insulation has to be completed in a certain way
- Gain confidence answering consumer questions about internal wall insulation
- Help comply with the Green Deal Code of Practice
- Meet the PAS 2030 ‘evidence of product or system supplier approval’
If you would like to view the facilities at Able Skills, please feel free to visit us at any time. We are open 7 days every week and encourage visitors to the centre. You will not need an appointment, just turn up (08.30 – 16.30) and we will show you around.
Duration & Cost
The cost for this Internal Wall Insulation course is £180.00 including VAT. A £150.00 deposit will secure a booking and the balance can be paid on the start date.
Availability: In stock