This course is aimed at individuals who wish to carry out work with a local water company. Successful candidates are encouraged to join WIAPS, which will let them carry out work without having to be approved by their local water company. Upon completion of work, the Approved Plumber will issue a certificate for work completion to both the owner/occupier and the water company.
What You’ll Learn
The WRAS Scheme has the following aims:
- To promote knowledge of the Water Regulations throughout the UK and to encourage their consistent interpretation and enforcement, for the prevention of waste, undue consumption, misuse, erroneous measurement or contamination of water.
- To provide an advisory service for and on behalf of Water Suppliers and for any other person or body seeking guidance on the principles of Water Regulations.
- To consult on behalf of the water supply industry in the UK with Government, with professional, trade and other organisations, with fittings and materials manufacturers and others regarding the Water Regulations and related matters.
- To develop criteria for testing materials and fittings to assess their compliance with the Regulators’ Specifications for approved products in accordance with the Water Regulations.
- To assess the results of the testing of materials and fittings to determine their compliance with the Regulators’ Specifications and to publish up-to-date lists of satisfactory materials and fittings in the Scheme’s Water Fittings and Materials Directory.
- To administer for those Water Suppliers who wish it, a scheme to assess, register and publicise Approved Contractors in accordance with the Water Regulations.
- To participate in the representation of the UK Water Supply Industry in the development of relevant, practical and appropriate national and international standards for water fittings and plumbing systems.
How You’ll Learn
This is a classroom based course which will provide successful candidates with a nationally recognised qualification. A certificate of competence will be issued upon successful completion of the multiple choice assessment which covers background and legislation, materials and substances in contact with water, requirements for water fittings, water system design, installation commissioning, cross connections, black flow prevention, cold water services, hot water services, WCs and urinals, sanitary appliances and water for outside use.
After successful completion of the course you will be able to apply to your local water company to be an approved contractor, allowing you to self-certify your plumbing work and installations / alterations. On successful completion of the course and assessment, you will be eligible to join the WIAPS Approved Plumbers Scheme providing you hold other relevant certificates.
Duration & Cost
The cost for this 1 day Water Regulations course is £195.00 including VAT.