This City & Guilds accredited level 2 Diploma is new for 2014. The course is a real mix of practical and theory based assessments; a great opportunity for those of you looking to come straight in at level 2. This course is ideal for those of you who already have a basic understanding of the construction industry and who want to build on that further.
What You’ll Learn
This level 2 Diploma from City and Guilds is an ideal course for those of you who are looking to get in to the Painting & Decorating industry; this qualification route is particularly well suited to those of you who have some experience of the construction industry.
This qualification will provide you with additional general knowledge of the construction industry but more so will provide you with a detailed understanding across a variety of Painting & Decorating topics.
You will be trained and assessed to achieve the following units:
- Preparing surfaces for decoration
- Applying paint systems by brush and roller to complex areas
- Applying standard papers to walls and ceilings
- Producing specialist finishes for decorative work
- Erecting and dismantling access equipment and working platforms
- Creating and applying colour
In addition, you will learn:
- Health, safety and welfare in construction – This will provide learners with the knowledge to carry out safe working practices in construction, in relation to sourcing relevant safety information and using the relevant safety procedures at work.
- Principles of building construction, information and communication – This will provide learners with the knowledge of building methods and construction technology.
This very in depth course has been built in line with industry standards and requirements and will prepare you well for work within this particular industry
How You’ll Learn
You will learn through demonstration and practice over a 10 week period (50 days) and the training will be predominantly practical. The assessments however are a mix of practical tasks and theory assessments including an online exam so candidates will be required to research relevant topics when tasks are set. We will provide guidance on sources of reference that we recommend that you use in order to gain as much additional information as possible and we will also provide resources to help you undertake revision in order to complete these assessments.
Courses Open To You After
City and Guilds have also introduced a level 3 Diploma in Painting & Decorating which Able Skills will be offering in the future however the next steps from this level 2 Diploma should be NVQ (once you have secured relevant work)
We have a dedicated Painting and Decorating area set aside which has been designed to enable a variety of tasks to be undertaken at any one time. Both of Able Skills decorating instructors have years of industry experience and are very passionate about their trade and are keen to ensure a quality delivery regardless of the task in hand.
This is a hands-on, practical painting and decorating course and you will be involved at every stage and will be participating throughout. It is therefore recommended you bring suitable clothing and for your own safety, steel capped footwear is essential.
Duration & Cost
This is a 10 Week (50 day) course and the cost is £3495.00 including vat. A deposit of £500.00 will secure a booking with the balance payable over the period of the training.