If you want to learn plastering to gain accredited qualifications and achieve a level 2 NVQ, this 8 week training option is ideal. This particular course will provide you with the skills and reality for what is required when working full time as a Plasterer. This plastering course can also be completed at weekends.
What You’ll Learn
This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to access the Plastering industry and give you the opportunity to work towards achieving NVQ level 2. Once you have completed your 8 weeks of intensive, hands on plastering training, you will then be industry ready which is where you need to be in order to achieve the Plastering NVQ.
During this plastering course you will be trained and assessed to achieve a variety of units as well as receive training which reflects ‘reality’ and also provides you with a comprehensive understanding of what you will need to do to eventually achieve the NVQ level 2.
You will be trained and assessed across the following areas:
- Plasterboard and skim a ceiling
- Direct bond and skim with plaster
- Plasterboard and skim patch repair
- Plasterboard, float and set patch repair
- Prepare and plaster ceiling
- Plaster, float and skim wall with window
The training detailed above will ensure that once you are undertaking plastering work, you will be able to meet the requirements of NVQ assessments as follows:
- QCF 641 - Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- QCF 642 - Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace
- QCF 643 - Moving, Handling and Storing Resources in the Workplace
- QCF 66 - Producing Internal Solid Plastering Finishes in the Workplace
- QCF 67 - Producing External Solid Render Finishes in the Workplace
Supported by TWO optional units from:
- QCF 65 - Applying Finishing Plaster to Background Surfaces in the Workplace
- QCF 68 - Installing Direct Bond Dry Linings in the Workplace
- QCF 69 - Laying Sand and Cement Screeds to Levels and/or Falls in the Workplace
- QCF 70 - Applying Projection Plaster and Maintaining Equipment in the Workplace
- QCF 71 - Installing Mechanically Fixed Plasterboard in the Workplace
How You’ll Learn
This is a fantastic access to work experience as it prepares and qualifies you for the Plastering industry. As well as practical training and assessment, we will also ensure you have a full understanding of NVQ portfolio building and evidence gathering.
Once you have completed the 8 weeks, we have no doubt that your skill level will enable you to find work within the Plastering industry and immediately start to gather the evidence which will award you your NVQ.
Our training has been developed to help you fully understand how to gather work based evidence, how to enlist the help of an onsite recorder, how to record photographic evidence and so on.
The whole point of this 8 week plastering course is to provide you with an underpinning City & Guilds qualification and a very in depth understanding of what is required to gain an NVQ. This combination of training gives you a great opportunity to secure work and achieve additional qualifications.
Courses Open To You After
The next step for you is to be assessed in the work-place to have your progress monitored and recorded in order to be certificated for the NVQ level 2.
NVQs are ‘Declarations of Competence’ and as such, cannot be achieved in a simulated environment like a training centre – all we can do here is prepare you for the process and we do this very well.
At the end of the course, Able Skills will register you with CITB (NOCN) to show that you are working towards achieving NVQ level 2 in Solid Plastering and we will provide you with a start-up portfolio which will include all of the evidence and assessment sheets ready for you to use as and when you gather your work based evidence.
By registering you for NVQ, you can also gain access to a CSCS Experienced Worker or Trainee card (if you arrange independently to sit a CSCS test) – this will further enhance your access to work.
Once you are ready to arrange work based assessments, additional fees will be payable - please call for details
Duration & Cost
This is an 8 Week (40 days) course and the cost is £2495.00 including vat. A deposit of £500.00 will secure a booking with the balance payable over the period of the training.