An ideal course if you have basic painting & decorating skills or have attended our introductory painting & decorating course and would like an opportunity to learn a bit more, work on more complex tasks and pick up some extra tips of the trade.
What You’ll Learn
Having attended our Intensive course you will now have the opportunity to add more complex decorating tasks to your skill set. This course will include:
- Accessing for painting & decorating such as erecting a small tower scaffold and detailed explanation of ladder safety
- Detailed underpinning knowledge of Health and Safety: Working at heights regulations
- Preparation of a full room area for a patterned wallpaper scheme
- Cross lining: Hanging lining paper horizontally as a base layer for wallpaper
- Application of emulsion and oil based paints for a pattern papered room
- Application of emulsion and oil based paints for a painted wallpaper scheme (anaglyptic, blown vinyl and wood engrained papers)
- Paper hanging: Hanging 2 pattern papers to a full room area:- one with set pattern design, one with drop pattern design
In addition, we will also cover:
- Pastes and sizing
- New plaster substrates
- Dry lined substrates
- Surface defects: causes and cures
- Paper hanging defects: causes and cures
How You’ll Learn
Our total hands on approach guarantees that throughout your training time at Able Skills you will be continually involved and, with years of experience behind us, we know that this is the best method of teaching available. The knowledge and experience of your instructor will be passed on to you throughout the training and every tip and trade secret will be available. We will ensure that you receive reality training which will prepare you for any jobs you go on to undertake.
Courses Open To You After
If after having completed your Intensive and Advanced programme of training, you feel that you would like to go on and gain qualifications in Painting & Decorating, we can offer City and Guilds or NVQ Level 2 training programmes however, the timings of these can be adjusted to take account of some of the training you have already received, we will also adjust the price accordingly. Whether you do decide to upgrade or not, the time spent with us will not have been wasted as you will have gained a great deal of practical knowledge.
At Able Skills, we try to make all training as accessible to everyone as possible. If you would like to learn Painting & Decorating but have work or other weekly commitments, we offer both the Intensive and Advanced Painting & Decorating training over 2 consecutive weekends.
This is a hands-on, practical Painting & Decorating course and you will be involved at every stage and will be participating throughout. It is therefore recommended you bring suitable clothing and for your own safety, steel capped footwear is essential.
Duration & Cost
This is a 5 day course and the cost is £495.00 including vat. A deposit of £150.00 will secure a booking with the balance payable on the start date.