The significance of electrical courses was brought to the fore this week when the results of an enquiry were published by Swansea City Council.

An investigation carried out by emergency services representatives concluded the empty community centre in Bonymaen set alight following an electrical fault, reported BBC News.

The expertise gained on electrical courses can be important for the maintenance of buildings and local councillor Alan Robinson - who is in charge of community regeneration at Swansea council - told the news provider he will work alongside volunteers to remedy the situation.

He was quoted as saying: "This is awful news but we'll do all we can to minimise the disruption to centre users [which] the damage left by the fire will inevitably cause."

Last week, Stan Miller told the Hartlepool Mail a fire started at his home while he was volunteering at a charity called Wheels for Freedom and it is suspected this was caused by an electrical fault.

Check out the latest electrical training courses we have on offer.