Menu
For course advice & bookings call: 0808 100 3245

Electrical training importance noted after Welsh fire

The importance of electrical training has been highlighted after a fire caused devastation at a Welsh factory.

It is believed that an electrical fault caused the blaze at a workshop in Conwy, the Daily Post reported.

Bob Mason from North Wales fire and rescue, told the newspaper: "It is extremely important that businesses regularly use Portable Appliance testing to ensure the safety of electrical appliances.

"If in any doubt, they should consult a qualified electrician who will then look over the equipment."

He added that it was also advisable to get any older electrical appliances to be looked over by those with electrical training.

The fire is believed to have cost the business, A2B Plastics Ltd, over £1 million.

It is not the first time that an electrical fire has struck the area, with a Flintshire pie factory being the victim of a blaze after a faulty computer sparked.
ADNFCR-2585-ID-19332262-ADNFCR