Menu
For course advice & bookings call: 0808 100 3245

Exposed wire accident shows significance of electrical courses

Professionals who have completed electrical courses may be surprised to hear that a pub in the UK left an exposed wire free to come into contact with a customer's three-year-old son, who had to be treated at Blackpool Victoria Hospital for an electrical burn.

Owners of the Kingfisher Tavern in Kirkham Mitchells and Butlers Retail were ordered to pay £14,263 after admitting to breaching a health and safety regulation, reported the Blackpool Gazette.

The dangerous nature of this situation is likely to have been recognised by engineers on electrical courses, with the company fixing the wiring within one-and-a-half hours of the incident.

"We were concerned two fairly junior employees were aware a cable was hanging down and a chef received a shock from it the previous day and reported it," the presiding magistrate Michael Wenman was quoted as saying.

This week, Cowboy Builders host Dominic Littlewood told the Daily Mirror that it is important to hire tradesmen who are properly qualified and have a good reputation among previous customers.

Find out about our electrician training courses on offerADNFCR-2585-ID-19763298-ADNFCR