Carpentry NVQBeing a time-served Carpenter may not give you the access to work that you are easily capable of carrying out. Without the correct qualifications (Carpentry NVQ) you will not be able to get a CSCS Card that will give you access to work on a building site.

With it now being a requirement for all site workers to have a CSCS Skilled workers card, it is now extremely important that everyone has an NVQ in their chosen trade. Without an NVQ you will not have the ability to apply for a CSCS Card therefore not gaining access to work on-site.

There are two routes on offer for those Carpenters needing a Carpentry NVQ, they can both be seen here:

The OSAT route is for those Carpenters that have been working in the industry for less than five years and now need to achieve an NVQ to gain a CSCS Card. For this route here at Able Skills we can arrange work-based assessments carried out by our NVQ assessors. This will let you prove your competency as a Carpentry and help you gain an NVQ. You will need access to site work where our assessor can come out and assess you. Also, you will need to be within a 60-mile radius of our training centre for our assessors to come out to your place of work.

The next route is the EWPA (Experienced Worker Practical Assessment) which is for the time-served Carpenters that have been working in the industry for over five years but need a Carpentry NVQ. To qualify for this route, you will need to give at least five years’ worth of evidence showing you have worked as a Carpenter. Once you have done this you will come in for a profiling at our centre in Dartford. This will be followed up by completing a portfolio of work completed and a 2-day practical assessment here in our centre to test your competency.

These routes will help you gain the NVQ you need to get work on-site as a Carpenter.

If you are an experienced worker in any construction trade needing an NVQ, please contact us today on 0808 100 3245 and we can see which route will suit you the best.