Able Skills is an approved BPEC Commercial Gas Training and Assessment Centre. Able Skills dedicated Commercial Gas Centre is fully equipped for both gas training and gas assessment purposes. Our qualified team of gas trainers and assessors will provide guidance, support and assistance in a realistic environment to build confidence and competence to work safely within the commercial gas industry.
10 days of training relating to commercial gas appliances is available to existing domestic gas engineers requiring a changeover to commercial gas (assessment will also be required afterwards) and also for existing commercial gas engineers who feel that they need refresher training before re-assessing.
What You’ll Learn
- Safety, Legislation and Standards
- Pressure and Flow
- Combustion and Gas Safety Controls
- Flues and Ventilation
- Industrial Pipe work
- Soundness Testing and Purging to IGE/UP/1A
- Industrial and Commercial Gas Fired Appliances
- Flue Analysis
- Burner Controls and Control Systems
Safety, Legislation and Standards
- Introduction to the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998.
- Additions to the new Regulations
- Testing for soundness and purging. (IGE/UP/1A)
- Identification of hazardous installations
- Regulations and Acts
- Building Regulations
- Electricity at Work Regulations
- BS – British Standard
Pressure and Flow
- Pipe sizing
- Test standing and working pressures
- Relationship between volume and pressure
- Volume release, time and gauge sensitivity
- Manufacturers’ requirements and tolerances
Combustion and Gas Safety Controls
- Theory of flue gas analysis and practical application
- Combustion efficiency
- Causes of incomplete combustion
- Flue gas testing
- Operating principles
- Flue construction and materials
- Termination of flues on appliances up to 150kW
- Natural draught
- Fan assisted, modular and fan diluted flues
- Ventilation by both natural and mechanical means
- Determining and calculating required air flow rates and correction of shortfalls
- Pipework design for commercial applications
- Soundness testing and purging (IGE/UP/1A)
- Commercial metering
- Boosters and compressors
Industrial and Commercial Gas Fired Appliances
- Both Fanned and Natural Draught Boilers
- Modular Boilers
- Direct Fired Appliances
- Radiant Tubes and Overhead Plaque Heaters
Burner Controls and Control Systems
- Burner and Control Systems
- Control train systems and their components
- Flame safeguard systems and valve proving systems
How You’ll Learn
During this 10 day period of learning, you will undertake both theory and classroom based training. Presentation packs will be readily available which will be backed up by regular handouts to build a comprehensive learning programme.
The practical training areas are completely equipped to enable you to gain a total understanding of every appliance whether you choose to undertake them for assessment purposes or not. The training will enable successful applicants to later move onto assessment for:
Courses Open To You After
If you do not hold Domestic ACS or it has expired, this could be an option for you to consider.
This 10 day commercial gas training course has been devised for those of you already working within the Gas Industry and will provide you with the skills and knowledge to undertake ACS assessment.
The training is not for new entrants to the industry. This training programme is tailored for:
- Holders of Domestic ACS certificates (working towards change over)
- Existing Commercial Gas Operatives
This 10 day course is divided into sections covering theory and practical applications and will provide candidates with the knowledge and understanding required to undertake formal ACS assessments.
Undertaking this training does not automatically entitle a candidate to undertake ACS Assessment. Each candidate will be assessed throughout the course in order to establish their progress and suitability to move forward and undertake Commercial ACS Assessments. Subject to availability, ACS Assessment can be undertaken immediately after this training period for suitable candidates.
All of our courses take place at our dedicated training centre in Dartford, Kent. The centre is easily accessible by road, being just 10 minutes from junction 1a on the M25. We are only a short walk from Dartford train station which is served by frequent trains taking 35 minutes from central London. For anyone travelling from further away, we have our own accommodation available at only £25 per night.
We are open 7 days a week (08.30 – 16.30) for visitors so if you would like to find out more about this course or about Able Skills, please feel free to pop in, no appointment necessary.
Duration & Cost
The cost for this 10 day Commercial Gas Training Course is £995.00. A deposit of £500.00 will secure a booking and the balance can be paid over the period of the training.
Please select the course(s) you are interested in: