Menu
For course advice & bookings call: 0808 100 3245

Company fine could lead to surge in demand for gas courses

A firm has been fined after admitting to breaching health and safety regulations that led to a gas leak, in news that highlights the importance of top quality gas courses.

Calor Gas was ordered to pay £27,500 in addition to £27,185 costs, following an incident that occurred in October 2008 that saw a vapour cloud of 163 tonnes of liquefied petroleum gas form above the site on Canvey Island.

This sort of situation emphasises the significance of utilising workers who have completed up-to-date gas courses.

The fault that led to the gas leak turned out to be in a sensor that should sound an alarm and shut emergency valves if there is a problem.

Health and Safety Executive inspector John Hawkins stated: "The leak could have been minimised had the sensor operated as intended. It was fortunate that the incident did not escalate further, since no emergency alarm sounded."

Another recent accident that shows the importance of gas courses is the carbon monoxide leak in Corfu that killed two children while they were on vacation.

Want to know more about our Gas CoursesADNFCR-2585-ID-19773929-ADNFCR