Menu
For course advice & bookings call: 0808 100 3245

Electrical checks could have stopped Coventry fire

Tradespersons who have taken electrician training courses could find that their services become increasingly in demand after a fire tore through a Leamington printing press yesterday (December 23rd).

According to the Coventry Telegraph, it is believed that an electrical fault started the blaze, which broke out at Pentagon Press at 04:15 GMT and left the building devastated.

Incident Commander Greg Pace told the publication about the destruction that the fire caused.

"The fire has completely gutted the first floor and a substantial part of the ground floor," he said, before adding: "The roof has been badly damaged and we think at least part of the building will have to be carefully demolished."

He added that the building is now structurally unsafe.

Regular checkups by electrical workers could help to avoid fires like this breaking out in the future, according to WisTV, especially if the property is old and there seem to be regular problems with the system.

Want to know more about our Electrical coursesADNFCR-2585-ID-19530702-ADNFCR