For course advice & bookings call: 0808 100 3245

Play Your CSCS card right and you'll be qualified to work on-site!

Health & Safety on site - irrespective of working in domestic or commercial premises, has come a long way in recent years. Whether you work on major building developments or in households, you must show proof that you have undergone awareness training of the issues that can make the difference between safe and dangerous working. Most large sites require you to undertake an 'induction' session as well, even before you are allowed to work.It has become standard to alert and reassure the public that a building firm is part of a 'Safe Construction' scheme with large signs showing exactly who is and who is not allowed on site and the regulatory clothing/equipment necessary. At the very least this means: hard hat, steel-tipped boots and hi-vis vest.Increasingly, Government legislation has been put into place to ensure that everyone working within the construction industry has received sufficient Health & Safety awareness training and can show proof of training by holding a 'Construction Services Certification Scheme' (CSCS) Card. The likelihood is that you will not be allowed access to most UK construction sites and this may affect your ability to generally work within the industry!Obtaining your CSCS card will require you to sit an online multiple choice test, which are held at an approved skills training centre. This applies to everyone from an entrant with no formal construction qualifications right through to a Skilled worker card, once NVQ level 2 is achieved. You would need to ensure that your trade is covered by CSCS as each card will be colour coded accordingly :Green (site operative) - No formal construction qualifications.Red (trainee) - NVQ or Construction Award registered (but not yet qualified)Blue (skilled) - NVQ Level 2 Experienced Worker ( minimum 1 year job experience) - temporary, non-renewable only.?