People taking electrical courses have been reminded of the importance of their work, after a faulty electrical cable was found to be responsible for the deaths of two horses at Newbury racecourse.

Last weekend, Marching Song and Fenix Two were waiting in the paddock prior to being mounted by their jockeys, when they suddenly collapsed and died, despite veterinary assistance.

Witnesses initially speculated that the cause was electrocution, which was later confirmed by post-mortem tests and a track investigation.

Trainer Graham Thorner spoke of his sadness at the death of his animal Marching Song, saying that he was devastated by the death.

Mr Thorner said: "It's walking out to look at the empty stable and wondering will I ever get one like him again ... I can't shake it off even now."

Those searching for electrical courses have been told that a section of the cable responsible for the accident has been removed from the course.

Want to know more about our electrical courses