Online Electrician Courses
If you are looking to learn to become an Electrician and would like to receive qualifications, then Able Skills will be able to assist you with this.
To gain Nationally recognised Electrical qualifications, for certain Electrical subjects, you will need to receive training and be assessed on both your theory knowledge of the subject and practical tasks also.
For City & Guilds 2365 level 2 (the starting point for anyone looking to qualify as an Electrician)
The units that you are assessed on are:
- Unit 201 Health and safety in building services engineering – multiple choice on-line exam and a practical assessment
- Unit 202 Principles of Electrical Science – multiple choice on-line exam only
- Unit 203 Electrical installations technology – multiple choice on-line exam only
- Unit 204 Installation of wiring systems and enclosures – practical assessment only
- Unit 210 Understand how to communicate with others within building services engineering – multiple choice on-line exam only
For City & Guilds 2365 level 3 (the natural next step following completion of level 2)
- Unit 301 Understand the fundamental principles and requirements of environmental technology Systems – multiple choice on-line exam only
- Unit 302 Principles of electrical science – written assignment
- Unit 303 Electrical installations: fault diagnosis and rectification – multiple choice on-line exam and a practical assessment
- Unit 304 Electrical installations: inspection, testing and commissioning – multiple choice on-line exam and a practical assessment
- Unit 305 Electrical systems design – multiple choice on-line exam and a practical assessment
- Unit 308 Career awareness in building services engineering – practical assignment only
It is not possible to achieve nationally recognised Electricians qualifications like City & Guilds 2365 at levels 2 and 3 solely by learning on-line due to the practical tasks that need to be undertaken to achieve these qualifications – you can’t do these at home as you need to be (trained) and your competence assessed by qualified Assessors.
At Able Skills, we offer 3 options to gain these specific Electrical qualifications.
C&G 2365 Level 2 and Level 3
This is a full time, Monday-Friday course and is completed in 7 consecutive weeks for level 2 and 6 weeks for Level 3.
We also offer a discounted package, please see City & Guilds 2365-02 and City & Guilds 2365-03
This is completed using weekend training – 2 consecutive weekends per month over a 9 month period for each level.
These Home Study options are as close as you are likely to get to On-Line Electrical Courses! The Home Study options that we provide allow you to study at home and at your own pace. We will provide you with a level 2/Level 3 Electrical Home Study packs, the C&G books that supports both levels, as well as access to a C&G On-Line learning resource called Smartscreen.
Smartscreen will give you access to a range of learning resources and works well to support our Home Study pack.
Once your learning is at a point that you feel ready to come to the training centre, you will then need to book your time with us.
For level 2, in total, you will attend for 4 weeks (Monday-Friday) – this attendance can be broken in to 4 separate training weeks. During this time, you will receive practical training, undertake practical assessments and also complete the exams on the subjects that you will have studied at home for.
For level 3, you will be required to attend the centre for 2 weeks and for the final week, just 2 days. There will also be some work for you to do at home after week 1 as you will be required to complete the design project associated with unit 305.
Again, we offer a discounted package, please see Home Study Electrics Level 2 and Level 3
For progression, we also offer the following (attendance) courses:
City & Guilds 2382 (BS7671 Wiring Regulations)
City & Guilds 2391-52 (Level 3 Inspection and Testing)
City & Guilds 2377 (Portable Appliance Testing)
NVQ Level 3 – Work based Assessment
AM2 (Achievement Measurement 2)
If you are looking to become a JIB Approved Electrician, we offer Gold Card packages.
For attendance, please see Gold Card Approved Electrician
For (partial) Home Study, please see Home Study Gold Card Approved Electrician