We’re thrilled to be advertising with Quest Magazine to further promote the ELCAS-eligible construction courses on offer at Able Skills.
What is Quest?
For over 20 years, Quest has been one of the leading publications dedicated to careers and training opportunities for those leaving the Armed Forces.
Published monthly, Quest covers everything from funding and training courses to career and transition advice for service-leavers.
One of the key focuses of Quest is highlighting the benefits of ELCAS learning for service leavers, and how the scheme can be used to build a meaningful career outside of the Forces.
Why construction is a great career for service leavers
With the construction industry still facing major skills shortages, those holding the relevant qualifications can often find their skills in high demand, leading to good career progression and earning opportunities.
Along with these healthy career prospects, the industry is also incredibly varied. Whether you’re searching for a hands-on trade role like electrical, bricklaying or carpentry, or something more office-based, few sectors offer as an eclectic range of roles as construction.
What ELCAS courses do Able Skills offer?
At Able Skills, we’re incredibly proud to offer several ELCAS-approved training courses for service leavers.
Given that ELCAS can only be used for Level 3 qualifications and above, the below Able Skills courses are eligible:
- 2357-44 - Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment (Buildings, Structures and the Environment) APL
- 2357-91 - Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment (Buildings, Structures and the Environment) (unit route)
- 2365-03 - City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures)
- 2377-77 - Level 3 Award in the In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment
- 2382-22 - Level 3 Award in the Requirements for Electrical Installations BS 7671:2018
- 2391-52 - Level 3 Award in Initial and Periodic Inspection and Testing of Electrical Installations
- 2396-01 - Level 4 Design, construction management and initial verification of electrical installations
Those on the ELCAS scheme can also use their credits to complete training courses that have been accredited by AIM. These courses are:
- Level 3 certificate in Building, Installation and property maintenance skills
- Level 3 Certificate in Bathroom Installation skills
If you need advice or are interested in ELCAS training with Able Skills then our team would be happy to help. Just give us a call on 01322 280 202 or visit us in the training centre and we’ll be able to point you in the right direction.