Menu
For course advice & bookings call: 0808 100 3245

Fire in Tudor house highlights significance of electrical courses

The importance of engineers taking quality electrical courses has been highlighted after a fire burned down Dartmouth's historic Tudor centre.

An electrical fault has been blamed by fire fighters for the blaze, which wrecked 15 flats and eight businesses in the area, some of which originate from the 16th century and have heritage status.

The extent of the damage caused shows how important it is for workers to attend electrical courses in order to try to prevent such situations from occurring.

English Heritage responded by saying it will soon begin the process of working out what can be salvaged following the fire.

It added: "The listed buildings in Fairfax Place damaged by this fire are a hugely significant part of the historic centre of Dartmouth."

BBC News explained that the blaze was first reported at about 13:25 BST, when people noticed smoke coming out of a fish and chip shop, but it soon spread to several other properties.

Want to know more about our Electrical coursesADNFCR-2585-ID-19811346-ADNFCR